Find out how to pair Xiaomi Redmi Airdots or Mi Airdots; Chinese wireless headphones that can fail the left side
The Xiaomi Redmi Airdots is a wireless headset (true wireless) of the cheapest and with great cost benefit. Sometimes, however, buds can fail to answer calls, listen to music, or activate voice assistants. This is because Xiaomi in-ear headphones have a main side that mirrors the audio to the other phone. To resolve, you need to pair again before using the headphones back.
The headphones of the Chinese manufacturer have Bluetooth 5.0 technology, this means that the device will be connected automatically from the moment it is removed from the case – as long as it has ever been paired with the same device. If this is not happening or only one side (the left) does not work, make the adjustment.
How to pair Redmi Airdots
The normal process of using them for the first time will be:
- Remove the two buds from the case and leave it next to the cell phone;
- Activate Bluetooth on your smartphone and wait for the phone to be found;
- Touch “Redmi AirDots_L” or “Redmi AirDots_R” to pair;
- In a few seconds the pairing will be completed, the headphones will be ready.
But, if it doesn’t work. You will need to reset the connection by resetting the settings.
- First of all, leave both buds charged to avoid any suspicion of a missing battery. If the right phone is not charged, it will not work.
- Disconnect and clear Bluetooth information on your device (forget it).
How to reset Airdots [reset]
This reset can resolve pairing conflicts on the headphones. This is about stereo operation, over time there is a loss of pairing between the two headphones (left and right), due to prolonged use of a single driver or when one of the two headphones is completely discharged from use.
- Put the buds back in the case;
- Access the Bluetooth settings on the cell phone and remove the pairing; In the list of devices, tap on the gear icon and on “Redmi AirDots_R” and click on “Unpair” or “Forget“. Then, disable the Bluetooth function.
- To reset Airdots to factory default, remove the earphones from the case;
- Press the physical button of both, at the same time, for a few seconds (from 20 to 30 seconds) or until the LED lights flash red for 2 times;
- The handset will be flashing the red LED, your Airdots has been successfully reset.
Why do I need to press for so long? When you take the headset out of the case it will automatically activate. You need to turn it off by pressing the accessory. You can do it with one side at a time or with both at the same time (simpler).
After resetting the two headphones, place the buds in the charging box again and leave them for at least 5 seconds before trying to pair again.
As one side (the right) is the main one, choose the name “Redmi AirDots_R” in the Bluetooth headset settings on the smartphone and wait for the pairing to complete. When the LED goes out, the phone and the headset are already connected.
This should solve the problem both on the Xiaomi Redmi AirDots (physical buttons) and on the Xiaomi Mi AirDots (touch). Note that in Brazil, Xiaomi Redmi AirDots was named Mi True Wireless Earbuds Basic and Xiaomi Mi AirDots is Mi True Wireless Earbuds.