Making plush puppets instead of buying them is not only much fun but much cheaper, and the result is usually prettier. This design is suitable for both advanced and beginner seamstresses or even adult-supervised children.
Steps ( How to make plush puppets )
1. Take the fabric you have available and spread it upside down to get an idea of how big your new friend might be. Fold the fabric in half (inside out) and smooth it out with your hands so that it has no wrinkles.
2. Choose the picture you want to make and draw it. This is one of the most creative parts of the project. You can choose the pet you want or even invent one that doesn’t exist yet. Draw it on the fabric with chalk or charcoal pencil, while leaving room for the seams. See the figures in the respective section.
3. Start sewing your new toy with a similar color line to the fabric, leaving an opening for the right side to turn. You should reinforce the seams at the stressed joints if you are giving the plush to a small child.
4. Turn on the right side and fill with leftover wool or threads and cotton. Use a sharp pencil or pen with a cap to push the filler into difficult places, such as the legs.
5. Close your new friend. To make the stitches invisible, turn the leftover fabric inward and sew around the needle in that fabric so that when you pull it, the fabric comes together and the thread is not visible.
6. Decorate it. This is the time to embroider a pair of eyes or a belly of a contrasting color. Don’t forget the main features of your doll.
For example, you must embroider mustaches on a cat or rabbit, but not on a dog, baby, or monkey. Pay special attention to the age of the toy receiver. For younger people, it is safer to restrict yourself to embroidered decorations. For older children, the options increase and you can add beads and glued decorations when you think they are big enough not to have loose pieces in your mouth.
1.Rabbit: the ears, the mustache, the teeth and, if possible, the pompom in the arabesque are important. Optionally, you can decide whether or not to put arms, legs or belly in another color.
2.Baby: Color, body shape (with arms and legs) are important and special care must be taken when embroidering the face. Also, make small clothes (see articles on how to make clothes and make them smaller).
3. Monkey: To the basic shape of the stuffed animal, add the long tail and embroider the muzzle in a contrasting color.
4.Cat: body shape and paw positioning should be different. It is important to make a long tail, pointed ears and mustaches. Add a ribbon to simulate a collar.
- Use a thimble. All precautions inherent in the sewing and handling of sharp instruments (scissors) apply.
- Keep the needle always very close to the project. If it moves away, even for a few seconds, stick it in the project. An abandoned needle on a sofa can be dangerous.